[Healeys] FW: cash for clunkers (OT- For those sensitive souls

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] FW: cash for clunkers (OT- For those sensitive souls
From: "John Sims" <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 19:34:07 -0400
We could stop it. Interesting to note that of the top five cars being
purchased with this program, the first is a Ford product and the others are
imports. Ford, of course, did not take any money from the Federal government
and neither did Toyota, Honda et al. So, we used OUR tax money to bail out
GM and Chrysler and still no one wants their products which is why they were
failing in the first place. Certainly, the American public has voted on
their automobile preferences and it is not for the cars made by the bailees.
Newspaper articles are decrying the apparent fact that this program has a
miniscule effect on the environment. Lost in the headlines is that there is
an increase of almost 10 MPG thus lessening somewhat our dependence upon
oil. And, that is a good thing but probably not worth $4,500 for cars that
probably would have been traded in over the next year or so anyway.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com