Re: [Healeys] 100 Data

To: Norman Cay <normcay@volcano.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Data
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:37:48 +0100
Norman

The simple answer is that they do BUTnot witht the amount of data that
register Secretaries require. This Rich Chrysler has said this in more
detail in his reply.

In the case of the UK Austin-Healey Club we have tried to gather more
information by adding extra entries on our renewel forms but we have not
gone as far as asking for all the details we need for Register purposes.

However this initiative has not gone as well as we would hope because
very few owners have taken the bother to add the limited information we
have asked for. When information is provided it is more often than not
information that the owner has already provided. We appear to have the
enthusiasts who bother and others who don't.

The AHC UK does provide me every year with a copy of a 100 extract of
the membership register. This allows me to look up owner information so
that I can see if somebody has moved etc. But to run through looking for
changes and transferring these to the 100 Register database would take
more time than I have available. However I have been able to transfer
many new email addresses that now allows me to follow up queries in a
realistic manner.

There is no obvious answer to this issue. One way-out possibility is a
fully integrated on-line to approved Club officers database. However the
amount of time and expense and all those who would need convincing is
something beyond the means of our Club and possibly the AHCA also?

The final step would be a world wide Austin-Healey Car and Owner
database but we are now really in cloud cuckoo land.

regards

--
John Harper