[Healeys] Triple Weber 45DCOE Carburettors

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Triple Weber 45DCOE Carburettors
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:20:25 +0200
Hello again gentlemen.

I have been off the list for over two years since I sold my Healey when I
moved to Malta. I now realise I can't live without one and I'm in the
process of buying another.

I'm currently interested in a well restored and uprated  100-Six that has a
3000 engine which has had several interesting performance enhancements to
make it into a 'fast road' or 'track day car'. I should mention that whereas
my old car was a 'stock' concours style restoration this time Im looking for
something different and in particlar I'm interested in the rally look so
this car could fit the bill.

However the car comes with triple 45DCOE Weber carbs and to be honest Im a
bit apprhensive about these so id appreciate some honest opinions from the
experts out there. I dont intend to race the car, but I will probably do
some long rallies and even perhaps some hill climbs so I intend the car to
be more than just a sunday driver.

Some questions.

1. Once set up correctly do they need regular adjustment or are they
relatively stable. I will need an expert to set them up and therefore don't
want to be having to pay somebody every two minutes.

2. Is it true that most of the power only comes in at the top end, ie not
really useful if not racing, or does that depend on how they are set up to
begin with. I understand that there are multiple variables in how they can
be set up.

3. I imagine that fuel consumption could increase significantly. Any
thoughts? The engine  is currently rated in excess of 200bhp.

4 Would it be better all round to switch to triple 2" SUs. To be honest I
doubt I will ever be able to set up triple Webers myself!

Any thoughts much appreciated.

BTW I did keep my 100 Six website online and will continue to update it in
the future.

www,healeysix.net

regards

Derek Job (ex-owner and sad!)