[Healeys] FYI: RE: K&N Air/Fuel Ratio Monitors

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] FYI: RE: K&N Air/Fuel Ratio Monitors
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:26:10 -0700
News to me (I always thought O2 sensors sourced a voltage).

bs

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. The sensor and monitor would not
work correctly in your current setup. Our air/fuel monitor system works by the
monitor sending a 1.0 volt positive charge to the sensor; which is shared with
the lights. The sensor then, using it's housing as a negative ground, will
change its resistance based on the fuel to air ratio. As the resistance drops
through the sensor, more of the lights on the monitor will light up. Since your
car's electrical system is reversed and our monitor does not work that way; you
cannot use our air/fuel monitor in your current electrical setup.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our customer
support department at 1-(800)-858-3333.

Thank you for choosing K&N,

James Johnston
Tech Support