[Healeys] Transmission/overdrive issues.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Transmission/overdrive issues.
From: Richard Gordon <HealeyHundred@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:41:21 -0600
Hi Gang,

This is being sent for Dave Dougan and replies should go directly to
him at:
daviddougan@comcast.net.

Thanks, Richard

Transmission/overdrive issues.

I have a very noticeable "growling" coming from the area of the trans/
OD.  At first I thought it was noisy U-joints, but no.  The noise
occurs when the OD dash switch is in the "normal" position and in any
gear.  It goes away immediately when I move the switch to
"overdrive" .  It is only the switch which makes the difference and
not whether the OD has shifted into overdrive.  It sounds serious but
may be only an adjustment.  The oil level has been OK even though I
"topped it up" when I was troubleshooting.

I hope someone can shed some light on this problem.  Please let me
know what you think and/or your experience.

Thanks,

Dave