[Healeys] 100 Engine Timing Chain Tensioner

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] 100 Engine Timing Chain Tensioner
From: Marvin James <britcrs@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:26:09 -0700
When I tore my engine down, it did not have the "Rubber Band" chain
tensioner installed. I'm building it back up now and would like the group
wisdom on the need for the tensioner. The cam sprocket I'm using is groove
for the tensioner so I could use one. I ask because I am really lazy and
it's going to be a real pita to install. I know some replacement sprockets
are not grooved so at least some engines are built without them.
Marv J