Re: [Healeys] Fuel bill up in filler pipe

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel bill up in filler pipe
From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:41:12 -0700
Dan:  Trust me.  If I fill up my tank to the point that I can see the
gasoline in the filler neck, and this is a few inches down from the top, and
I drive the four blocks to my house and park in my driveway on a 100 plus
degree day, the gasoline will expand and overflow the tank.  It is not the
vapors that cause the problem, it is the gasoline expanding from its
temperature underground to the ambient air temperature above ground.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031