Re: [Healeys] Fw: RE: Bonneville Healeys

To: "'Ray Juncal'" <healeyray@yahoo.com>, List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: RE: Bonneville Healeys
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:49:30 +1000
G'day Ray

Nice to know that I was missed!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed helping out the venture by preparing the words for the
Newsletters and the like and I should say that made it all the harder not to
go.

However a couple of month's back I felt much warmed and gratified when someone
else told me that they had missed me. It was the Australia taxman who said how
much they missed my much needed input. They were so kind and considerate that
they wanted some many thousands of my $$$$ there and then. I felt so warm
knowing that someone was thinking of me in such glowing terms.

In the end it was just not possible to go. Which in a way was a blessing as
over the last week or so my wife has been a familiar figure in the local
hospital. While we do carry the requisite health insurance I could imagine
what it would have been like her being an Australian citizen in a US
hospital.

Anyway I manage to escape last week and set a speed record of my own behind
the wheel of a 1934 MG K3 in the Adelaide Hills. Of course I kept to the speed
limit, but not so when I was in the passenger seat, in the rain, with skinny
tyres at over 100mph. It was my turn to wonder where the local hospital was.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia