Re: [Healeys] caliper rebuild

To: "George Vernau Sr." <gvernau@containerhouse.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] caliper rebuild
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 09:34:42 +0200
When assembling brake cilinders or callipers use the special lubricant
only. If you use brake fluid this will also remain on the exposed
outside parts which can cause future corrosion.
I always use Ate. But Girling, Lockheed and others all have their own
version. One tube will last you forever. I think I have used the same
tube for over 40 years. The same stuff is still available. It has the
consistency of liquid soap.
Also check that you have the right seals. If these are slightly
oversized (wrong kit?) they will get damaged.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL