Re: [Healeys] Champions(again)

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Champions(again)
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 07:22:27 -0700
You do not "have to" increase the gap when running electronic ignitions.  I
can name plenty of cars that came with factory high energy electronic
ignition systems that have relatively small plug gaps.  Volvos for example
have a coil capable of putting out 40KV and have a factory recommended plug
gap of 0.28".Wider gaps are done by some ignition system designers to help
cope with lighting off the leaner mixtures found on today's modern engines.

There are four words generally never found in the same sentence when
discussing LBCs.  They are:
Modern
Lean mixture
S.U. Carburetor.