Re: [Healeys] chassis painting: electro coating vs. powder coating

To: "Tadeusz Malkiewicz" <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] chassis painting: electro coating vs. powder coating
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:13:20 -0700
I have had the chassis for my last 3 ground up restorations Powder Coated.
Powder Coating is much more durable than primer/paint.  The chassis is
thoroughly blasted on a rotisserie, then the powder coat color is
electrostaticly applied.  Then it is baked at 400 F.  They put silicone
plugs in all the threaded holes.  This coating is much more durable than
paint.  I can walk on the chassis in the engine area without leaving
scratches.

John Snyder