Re: [Healeys] Coolest Cars

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Coolest Cars
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:10:42 +0200
The Citroen on show is one of the DS/ID range, designed around 1954 and
built to around 1976 or perhaps later. Without doubt the most advanced
car at the time both in design and suspension. It had a full
hydro-pneumatic suspension and hydraulic servo brake, steering, gear
changing and clutch system, all served through a central hydraulic
pressure pump system. Extremely comfortable and a fast tourer because of
its excellent road holding, even at today's standards. Very popular all
over Europe, even today.
If there ever was "the classic", this is a very strong contender.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL