Re: [Healeys] Coolest Cars

To: insptwo@msn.com, Healey forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Coolest Cars
From: Jaap Aeckerlin <j.aeckerlin@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:49:06 +0200
Bill, partly right. In case of a puncture you kept the engine running,
placed the Driving Height Lever in the 'very high' position and the
suspension system pushed the car up. When the top position was reached you
placed a simple extendable support  close to the wheel and moved the lever
in the 'lowest' position. The body lowered itself on the three wheels and
the fourth wheel was lifted from the street by the suspension system. After
changing the wheel you placed the lever in the 'very high'position, waited
till the car was pushed fully up, removed the support, put the lever in the
'normal driving height' position and drove off.
Present big Citroens still have a comparable suspension system but not with
a support but with a jack.
Regards,
Jack