[Healeys] [Fwd: Re: Help Needed]

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] [Fwd: Re: Help Needed]
From: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 21:21:16 +1100
Blokes, I need some assistence with the identification of an unusual 5
speed Healey gearbox in a Sprite prototype that has been made from
genuine BMC components. The question what vehicle in the BMC range did
these parts originate from so that I can overhaul the clutch throwout
mechanisms.  There will be a prize.

Main gearbox; bellhousing and case is one casting.  Opening and
therefore side cover is on the left hand side - no selector rods fitted
here. Internals are MGB straight gear set, 1st to 4th.  Lever  with
carbon throwout bearing to activate  clutch.
Secondary housing bolted to the rear of main box has 5th gear. Selector
mechanism is on top and enters direct into selector rods. Unlike a std.
Sprite there is a flange bolted to the output shaft.

All up very long.

Best clue, the alloy plate inside the bellhousing, retaining the front
main bearing and seal on the input shaft has the following cast into it;

    22 H 27    DD 2
    MOWOG

Gearlever rubber boot - Girling # 488032

Lets go!