Re: [Healeys] Brass

To: Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brass
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:12:19 -0800
Rich,

I've restored dozens of these brass taps for the block and the radiator on
Sprites and various big Healeys over the years.  Most quality hardware
stores have a selection of springs, and I match the spring diameter to the
original and then it's a matter of cutting the spring down to size and
grinding the ends flat.  Simple and easy.

If there was enough of a need, I have access to Roger Moments custom spring
maker in Colorado.  we could have the exact springs made to order.  He has
made springs for both Roger and me for various Healey applications to
include the horn button spring in the trafficators that I use in my
rebuilding service.  Roger has also had them make up the distributor weight
springs for the 100 (both standard and Le Mans) and the special carburetor
throttle spring for the 100 among others.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
Carlsbad, CA
'55 BN1, '60 AN5 :{) '06 Cooper S