Re: [Healeys] Brass

To: Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brass
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 07:26:59 +0100
Simon,
Brass can be soldered like copper, no problem using lead/tin or
silver/tin, both will do fine but silver/tin will be stronger of course
if neccesary and you will need a higher temperature to solder.
To lubricate it is probably best to use the graphite (or
molybdene-disulfate) grease that is also used for household taps, it may
hold up a bit better than automotive graphite grease. Do not use oil,
that will disappear in no time.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL