[Healeys] Engine Rebuild

To: Healey posting <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Engine Rebuild
From: jomar healey <ah53@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 05:17:40 -0800 (PST)
As some of you know last year I spun a bearing on my return from Encounter in
Carlyle Pa. in #923
I am finally over the anger of my stupidity, long story, and with the help on
my son in law, Mike, pulled the engine a week ago.
  Here's what we have.  The engine was .030 over already.  The crank will need
to be ground as the #2 rod bearing is now part of the crank journal.  The #8
lobe on the cam is shot.
  My options:  The machine shop suggests going .060 over.  If I do this I was
going to use DW pistons. or.... I can get a set of NOS standard pistons and
sleeve to that size or... Can I sleeve to .030 and reuse my old pistons?  I
don't mind keeping the car low/90hp.  I enjoy the driving difference between
it and the 100M.
  Unfortunately I can't seem to find a new stock grind cam.  Everyone seems to
offer only a performance version.  This to some degree negates my desire to
keep the car "stock".
  Any thoughts and observations from the groups intelligence are appreciated.

Joe
BN1 #923 Coronet Cream
BN2 100M
BJ8 The Blue Baby as per wife and kid