[Healeys] Austin-Healey 100 in Detail by Bill Piggott

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Austin-Healey 100 in Detail by Bill Piggott
From: Dennis Yeast <de.sk.yeast@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:47:53 -0800 (PST)
 It looks like I could become the proud owner of  a 1955 BN-1 100-4.  Previous
owner of a 1972 MGB and a 1954 MG-TF (wish I still had that one), but always
envied the big Healeys when they went by me.

The BN-1 is clearly a project car, currently standing in boxes, engine and
head separated, frame on wheels and amazingly enough through many years of dry
storage, almost free of rust or other serious maladies. Current inventory says
it is about 95% with all major parts present and accounted for.  Just getting
started on cleanup and would appreciate any suggestions or tips appropriate to
this stage of trying to get the car reassembled and back on the road.  Where
best to replace parts needed? What sources of information?  This will not be a
complete restoration but I wish for a decent looking car to drive not show.

As for the subject of this email;  I saw this title and cover on the Holden
Vintage & Classic web site. Anybody know whether it is available in the US or
worth the $100 to get it to California.?

Dennis Yeast