Re: [Healeys] travelling assistance in France

To: robertduquette@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: [Healeys] travelling assistance in France
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:28:40 +0100
Hi Robert,

I can see why your son might need some travel tips- he's going to Paris -
but booked a flight to Lyon!!!

Just joking.

I lived in Paris for 5 years and loved it all. I agree with the comments
Kees made. Get the TGV to Paris then travel around on the metro. It's cheap,
clean, easy to understand and very efficient with lots of trains going
everywhere.

What I learnt very quickly is that if you want people to help you then make
an effort to go through the prelimenary courtisies. In practice that means
before asking any question you must first say, at the very least, Bonjour
Monsieur, Bonjour Madame. If you know a bit more polite French then that's
even better, but don't miss out the formalty. It's considered very rude to
just start talking to somebody.

salut

Derek