Re: [Healeys] france

To: Bernard Cristalli <bcrist@club-internet.fr>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] france
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 17:53:31 +0800
All -

What Americans often misunderstand about France is they think the attitude
is directed at them because they are American.  That is completely
false.  Many of the offending French use the same attitude with everyone,
including themselves.  French from Paris, Burgundy and Provence all look
down on each other.  I guess if you are from Brittany you get the short end
of the stick.

That being said, many of the French I have dealt with in the country are
absolutely wonderful.

Strangely enough, my grandfather, who fought in the trenches in France in
the Great War, forbid my father from fighting in Europe in WWII because of
how he was treated in France in 1918, so my father signed up for Pacific
duty in 1943.

Ma father stayed in Asia and later met my mom in Taiwan in the 50's (who is
Chinese) so if it wasn't for French arrogance, I would not exist.

Therefore, I will always be forever grateful to the French for offending my
Grandfather in 1918.

Vive La France!

Alan

'52 A90