Re: [Healeys] Decarbonizing technique?

To: Awgertoo@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Decarbonizing technique?
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:37:30 -0500
I have indeed heard of it and used it too.  Did it a couple of times long ago
on my parents 56 DeSoto and a little later on my brothers 55 Chevy.  All sorts
of stuff blows out the back and the engine makes some scary noises.  No idea of
how clean it got the cylinders though.  I certainly would add the water
sparingly as too much could probably lock up an engine.  Probably no more than
a tsp at a time and give the engine time to recover.

With a downdraft carb this is easy to do.  On our semidowndrafts it would be
difficult.  Perhaps using a fine mist from a spray bottle into the air filter
may work.  Don't believe I will try it though either way.

Keith Pennell