[Healeys] Searching For an Old Friend

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Searching For an Old Friend
From: Jim Hill <spyderweb@uwalumni.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 14:22:28 -0600
I know this inquiry is a long shot and is of interest only to me, but if
you'll forgive me...

My very first car was a 1958 Austin Healey 4-seater, purchased in 1959 in
Southern California, which I owned for four years.

While I had the car, a number of modifications were made, including a
repaint from Healey Blue and white coves to red with white coves, the
installation of a racing cam and a roll bar, a substantial increase in
compression ratio and other performance modifications for SCCA racing. It
was raced at Pomona and Riverside for two years (which it survived without
incident) and then retired to street use.

The car was sold to a fellow named Gurwitz, a classmate of mine at UC
Riverside and I lost track of the car -- but I've wondered from time to
time if its still around.

The only other bit of information I have on the car is the California
license plate it carried when I sold it:
     PSM 099

If by some chance this car still exists, I'd very much like to hear about
it.

Thanks,

Jim Hill
spyderweb@uwalumni.com