Re: [Healeys] King Pin with needle bearings

To: sales@justbrits.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] King Pin with needle bearings
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:06:54 -0800
What's the advantage to these?

I know, it should be obvious, but I've heard it's not a particularly
good idea to use roller bearings where the parts don't rotate
completely; i.e. the parts rock back and forth on the same limited
surface, possibly wearing grooves (if the parts/bearings don't rotate
completely, it subjects one part of the bearing to the most wear).
Specifically, I heard this about using needle roller bearings on cam
rockers.

bs