[Healeys] Temperature thermocouple

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Temperature thermocouple
From: "paulbrodeur" <brodeur@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:42:57 -0700
I have a 60 Healey BT7 that sat in the Bullhead City, Arizona desert for 25
years.

Unable to break free the temperature thermocouple-retaining bolt, I cut the
capillary tube so as to be able to remove the engine/gearbox.

With the engine on the floor, nothing (penetrators, heat, cold, easy outs)
broke free the bolt. The last drill bit I used to drill out the bolt was
7/16" and I am afraid to move to the next size for fear of damaging the
block threads.

 Any advice on what my next few steps should be would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, Paul