[Healeys] Headlamp Wiring

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Headlamp Wiring
From: Jack Feldman <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:15:40 -0600
If you look in the VB MG catalog you will find a wiring harness that
consists of appropriate plugs, and two relays  It is called "Heavy Duty
Headlamp Harness. It is on sale for $19.95 in the new MG catalog.

You add a fuse between it and the battery terminal on the solenoid, remove
the plugs from your headlights and plug a male connector into one of the
removed plugs.This activates a relay depending on whether you are in high or
low beam, which in turn gives power to the appropriate wire to light the
headlamp. I did this on my MG when I uprated the headlamps.

PROBLEMS: I don't know if they have fixed this, but the wires are far to
short to reach where they have to go. I figured I got my     moneys worth of
plugs and relays, and spent some time cutting and extending the wires.I plan
to do the same for the Healey.I have never found a source for the male plug
that is used to power the relays There is really no need for the
instructions. They are so indecipherable they are not  even laughable. You
don't need  them

 Perhaps VB has done something about the wires and insstructions by now. I
think of the;harness as an indication of VB's lack of quality.

Jack