Re: [Healeys] Healey value

To: "'Bill B'" <billunc@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey value
From: "PG" <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 07:33:44 -0800
Yes, Healey's have definitely declined in value over the past year or so and
SOME of the price decline will be related to the economy.

However, I personally feel that the majority of the price fluctuation will
be more attributed to simple "supply and demand" economics.   Over the past
couple of years, the number of Healey's crossing the block has risen
dramatically driven by professional shops such as Kurt Tanner et al.

It is said that the first rule of economics is "nobody makes excess profits
forever".   That once somebody makes too much money, others jump into the
market with their own products.....the resulting competition drives prices
and profits down.   Essentially the bursting of an economic bubble.   I
think this is what we are seeing at present.

This year it was noted that pick-up trucks are the new trend fetching
increasing numbers....I suspect that over the next couple of years we will
see a bubble form hear and ultimately burst also.

In the end, I don't like to see big prices on healey's as I think it drives
newcomers from the hobby.....we can all talk about the initiatives to get
younger people involved in the hobby.  However, if the basic car costs $50k,
it's pretty unrealistic that the hobby will grow and will more likely fade
as the current generation fades.

Just my thoughts.

Paul