Re: [Healeys] Coronet Cream

To: Ken Wignall <ourxke@hotmail.com>, Rich C
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Coronet Cream
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 08:47:06 +0000
Ken

I already have your Batch Number, 4550. This was forwarded to me by Rich
Chrysler in June 2008. I assume that you now have updated information
because what I received from Rich had the original colour as White but
with a query and the no information regarding the original trim colour.
Now that you have a BMIHT certificate we can correct this.

So it appears that my assumption was wrong where I suggested that all
Coronet Cream cars were in batch 4467. The best information I have is
that batch 4467 ran from body number 663 to 1488. However there are gaps
in our body numbers after this and before batch 4550 commenced at 1524
but it certainly looks as if your car was built later than batch 4467 so
my theory was wrong.

However your car is also an exception to the majority by having red
trim. Is there any evidence that your car could have been a special
order?

What we need to hear now is from owners with cars that were original and
had Coronet Cream exterior and red trim.

Regards