Re: [Healeys] Blue Don

To: healeys-request@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Blue Don
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:43:44 EST
In a message dated 1/28/10 6:21:19 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> I have just heart of a Donald Healey Motor Company works demonstration
> car called "Blue Don", which was sold at H&H in Spring last year.
> Does anybody know of this car, Chassis No HBT7 / 14223?
> Would be interested to hear more about this car, as I was not aware of
> it. Was it a special car or just first registered with Donald Healey
> Motor Company as a sales demonstration car.
> Josef Eckert
> Konigswinter/GERMANY

Neither: it was originally registered in the BMC press fleet and several
reporters during that period had a go at the car. The claim that it was
"Donald Healey's Car" has never been substantiated, beyond (as I recall) a
picture
of the car at The Cape, which Graham Robson points out could simply mean
that DMH had it on loan for a few days, or a few weeks. It became much better
known for its racing activities later on.
Gary