Re: [Healeys] Shock Absorbers

To: ah@jharper.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Shock Absorbers
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:44:20 EST
In a message dated 1/30/10 2:39:18 AM, ah@jharper.demon.co.uk writes:

> Just a small detail. Only one arm is removable unless you completely
> take the shock apart. However you can still mask up the body and as you
> say paint only the arm .

That's true; and that's probably why most restorers elect to paint the
entire shock. Automotive archaeology suggests that shocks were either assembled
with the arms already painted, or painted after assembly.
Our quibble is when people paint the shock arms without either
disassembling the shock or properly masking the shock.
Thanks for the note.
Gary