Re: [Healeys] Bad Brakes - Now Good Brakes

To: Ray Juncal <healeyray@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bad Brakes - Now Good Brakes
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 23:09:53 -0800
I don't claim to be a hydraulics expert, but common sense says that compared
to a 7/8" cylinder a 1" cylinder would have the following characteristics.
More pressure ( given the same psi of input pressure, more square inches of
surface area = more total pressure.)
Further travel on the pedal to get the same effect at the wheels (The volume
of a cylinder that is 1" dia by X height is greater than a cylinder of 7/8"
diameter by the same height)
But hey I have been wrong before...
Rick