[Healeys] how to remove heater

To: healey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] how to remove heater
From: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:29:06 -0800
Sorry to be asking so many Healey related questions on this site but here
goes:
I am trying to remove my heater on the BT7 so we can sandblast the under
dash area. What I want to know is:
are the phillip's head screws on the bottom braces screwed into the bulkhead
or are there nuts under the asbestos insulation on the engine side of the
firewall?  We have sprayed the piss out of the screws with rust breaker
stuff, but they will not release.

Any advise on how to remove the heater unit?  Also I would like a photo of
the bare trunk (boot) area. I removed the cover material and found a number
of holes and I can not figure out why they are there. maybe if I see some
examples  I figure out if they are needed or not.
Thanks
--
I Erbs
Portland, OR