Re: [Healeys] Fuses

To: Jack Feldman <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuses
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 18:00:05 +0100
Jack,
You could start with a central modernish fuse block from e.g. a VW
Golf/Rabbit or any other suitable 70's or 80's car with a compact and
simple fuse/relay box and start from there. The manual of that car will
indicate the circuits that are covered by the fuses. Another advantage
is that you also have several relays neatly fitted to be used for the
heavy users like the head lights, auxilary lights, heater fan, cooling
fan, wipers etc.
I have done it in the past on a Landrover and a Triumph spitfire which
have similar wiring looms.
Of course this will mean a rather involved adaptation of the present
wiring looms and you will not win any concours contest, but it is a
practical way to keep the car on the road without to much worries about
the wiring and if things go wrong the problem can be located easily.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL