Re: [Healeys] 180R15 Michelin XAS on Austin Healey - experiences?

To: healeys@autox.team.net, Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 180R15 Michelin XAS on Austin Healey - experiences?
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 03:25:59 -0800 (PST)
Tadek,

I've never had them on my big Healey, but have run the XAS on a few cars in
the past and presently have them on my Bugeye Sprite.  I've always been very
happy with them.  They are predictable, ride well and have excellent tread
wear, even when autocrossed.  They provide a good amount of grip and were
pretty much state of the art for performance tires when they were first
introduced, circa 1970.  Obviusly, tire technology has increased quite a bit
since then so they won't have the ultimate performance of today's tires, but I
wouldn''t hesitate to put them on a road going Healey,

Happy Healeying

Rick Neville

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo