[Healeys] 100-4 flat top pistons (10:1)

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 100-4 flat top pistons (10:1)
From: "allen c miller jr" <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 07:31:18 -0500
Am building race engine for Pocono (April 11th) and have run against snag.
Dennis Welch Motorsports is back ordered 4-6 wks on the flat top 88mm
pistons, which requires my sourcing a set of racing pistons elsewhere. if
anyone on the list has had a custom set fabricated by JE Pistons or a
similar piston maker, i would appreciate the specs and/or order # so i could
piggyback off the design specs? am sticking with the stock wrist pins
(floating in piston, clenched to con rod).

alternately, if anyone knows of a set for sale somewhere, would be very
interested.

also interested in speaking with anyone with experience

engine is otherwise in the works, and i am loathe to use my existing set of
0.20" over M-spec (shallow dish) pistons a stopgap measure, since it means
building a second short block for a single season's use.

also could use input from anyone with information as to locations and depths
for valve relief pockets.

thanks.

allen miller

bn2-m