Re: [Healeys] LED Lights

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED Lights
From: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:18:17 -0700
Bob, Ira & List,

LED's MUST have negative ground or you will immediately let the smoke
out!  I sacrificed a bulb to prove it.  Although, just before the smoke,
you will get a very nice, bright flash.

IMHO those bulbs WILL NOT fit the Lucas sockets.  I have not found ANY
LED's on the Internet that are a direct replacement for 1157's in our
sockets.  I buy the closest I can find and then do two additional
machinings.  (They are not the ones you have found.)  I guarantee mine
to fit and work in a negative ground Healey or return them for a full
refund.

Before you ask, mine are more expensive at $25 a piece.  But that isn't
very expensive when you figure the additional safety and that you'll
never have to replace them again and mess with those terrible lens and
ring installations.  I also have the white or amber for the front
running lights and the small instrument panel lights so you can actually
see your instruments at night.

I will have a supply and demonstration at California Healey Week in
Temecula, CA and Rendezvous in Eugene, OR.  Or you can contact me off list.

Red Car Enterprises
Bill Barnett
'53 Red Car

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html