Re: [Healeys] LED Lights

To: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] LED Lights
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:30:04 +0800
Erbs -

Not all LED lights are the same.  Unfortunately the LED lights on your Ebay
link aren't worth the $10, or $.05 for that matter.  The problem is the
light output will be much less than a standard 1157, so you are better off
keeping the lights you have than buying these.

If you want to increase the level of light over a standard 1157 or halogen
bulb, you need to get SMT or CREE LEDs.  The best supplier I have found is
this one:

http://superlumination.com/1156_1157.htm

<http://superlumination.com/1156_1157.htm>Lots of choices, they use the same
LED lights used on many modern cars.  Avoid the Ebay LEDS!

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'59 Jag Mk IX