Re: [Healeys] Trafficator

To: "Ron Ray" <ronald-ray@sbcglobal.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trafficator
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 00:16:12 -0400
Hi Ron,

The 3 pointed end set screws that come with the new repro steering wheels
(available from all the usual suppliers) have the pointed ends, but are far
too long and have Allen socket heads. No problem, but an extra step must be
taken. These are 10-32 machine screw threads. Carefully run two 10-32 nuts
onto the screws and run them up the screw about half way and carefully lock
them together. Carefully mount this into a vise with about 3/16" of thread at
the top end exposed. Now take a fine tooth hacksaw or a file and shorten the
top end by removing the excess length. Now carefully run a hacksaw across the
filed end to create a screw driver slot. Clean up the end with a fine file,
remove the nuts and you've now created 3 pointed end grub screws with a
screwdriver slot end that can be run into the body of the steering wheel hub
and properly lock the trafficator flange.

Rich