Re: [Healeys] Armrest Pad again

To: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Armrest Pad again
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:45:31 -0400
Mark,

Sorry to blow away your glue and Velcro idea, but this series of arm rest
simply won't conform to the contour and pull down properly by those methods.
That armrest needs to pull down tightly, wrapping over the convex shape, and
only sewing will do it.
First fit the carpet completely to the gearbox cover and fixed portion of
the prop shaft tunnel, and install the snaps. Then you can locate and mark
the centre line and the perimeter position where the armrest needs to be
located with chalk, noting that the front of the armrest is wider than the
back. Remove the carpet from the car and locate the arm rest location. Sew
into place making sure it doesn't creep off course as you go. You'll need a
thimble to push the needle through and save your fingers. Have fun!

Rich