Re: [Healeys] seat belts

To: "'Ken Taplin'" <ktaplin@gwi.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] seat belts
From: "Neil Anderson" <neilandcustom@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:37:04 -0500
Ken,
You may feel vindicated in your view, but there are many types of accidents
that happen that don't involve rollovers in which your body can be thrown
from the vehicle if not belted in. Flying through the air and hitting
something rarely ends in good results. Would you not seat belt your ten year
old kid in the car even with the absolute  slightest possibility that you
will rear end another car?  No rollover......., but lots of damage to soft
tissues!

I wouldn't think of driving my Healey without my seat belt.  When I drive a
gymkhana, my 3" racing belt is pulled as tight as I can get it so I can
drive the car instead of sloshing around in there.

Your thinking goes against any safety standards in place.  I hope we don't
find your name on the Darwin Awards some time.

Neil Anderson
'60 BT7