[Healeys] Front shock gasket question

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Front shock gasket question
From: Thomas Morrione <tjmorrio@colby.edu>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 16:17:49 -0400
List folks,

I9m about to reinstall front shocks on my 65 BJ8. They were cleaned up and
painted, but have been sitting for about two months in a box. I now notice
that the gaskets are weeping  a little oil -- even after a tightening up
that back plate a month ago. They9re both in good shape otherwise I think
(good steady resistance). Is it ok to jus take the back plate off and
replace the gaskets or will bits pop out at me requiring more internal work?

Good source for gaskets? Or, can I make them up of standard gasket material?

Thanks,
Tom
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html