Re: [Healeys] A question

To: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] A question
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 20:57:59 +1000
Hi Steve.
I hear your dilema.
I'm not a lawyer, and can't give you any legal advice.
And - youre in the USA. I'm Australian. Lol
Firstly, you haven't said the car was or wasn't insured.
2nd, generally, in a theft claim/payout situation, on a stolen car /
payout made situation in Australia, title passes to the insurance
company which paid the claim.
Subsequent recovery, unless the policy states otherwise, generally
means the insurance company owns it. Generally.
My 2 bobs worth?
Facts are facts.
You just record them.
Look to BHMIT for guidance.
They record facts. They can't say which car has the correct e.g.
engine 5 years ago, or 10 years ago etc. They only provide a record at
a period in time - ie when the car left the factory.
Otherwise, all I can say is....
I once had a car stolen, back in England, in 1993 or so. It was a 3
litre ford Sierra 4wd fuel injected Ford Sierra.
It was a company car, & was stolen, and recovered, within 6 hours.
 From stolen to recovered.
Yes. Smashed. Joydriven, not totalled  But only stolen for 6 hours,
and recovered within 6 hours
Maybe the BJ8 was also recovered?
That's then not an issue, is it?
Geez, we don't have that shit here in OZ, do we Keith & Pat!!
Imagine if someone could build a car from a dubiously acquired engine
number!!!
I'm not a lawyer, but I still have faith in the truth. And Steve - you
record facts
As a registrar, you hold facts.
I'm not a lawyer, but often the real truth can be proved in a myriad
of ways.
Good luck!
Chris

Sent from my iPhone