Re: [Healeys] Girling Break Servo vs. Lockheed

To: Greg Mandas <gmandas@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Girling Break Servo vs. Lockheed
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 06:28:32 -0700
If you can do a 'brake job' you can rebuild a servo.  Kits are
available.  For best results have the hydraulic cylinders re-sleeved
unless they're spotless.  There are some potential gotchas--like
trimming the seal in the vacuum cylinder and (possibly) having to
re-coat the inside of the vacuum cylinder--but, all in all, it's not a
terribly tricky job and very satisfying.  Search the archives for
others' comments.  Some parts, like the seals for the air/vacuum valve
aren't in the kits--at least the ones I've bought--but I think BCS has
them (they won't necessarily need replacing).

bs

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html