[Healeys] Streamlined Healeys - 100 Six...Another little piece of

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Streamlined Healeys - 100 Six...Another little piece of
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 18:49:18 +0100
...so having read the earlier mails I went on a bit of a trawl through the RSC
archive and I found here:

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Nassau-1956-12-09.html

at Number 11: Moss driving a Healey 100-6, Blue/white as in Derek's picture

For some time we have wondered whether Moss actually did drive an AH in the
Speedweek and why there wasn't a record of him appearing in it. It appears from
the record at RSC that he tested only. Why he did that I have no idea EXCEPT
that at position 29 (at the bottom of the page) Moss is down to drive a 300S
which was sold under him. GUESS: Moss couldn't drive the Maser but was asked by
Hambro or DMH if he would like to try the Healey as an alternative. The car
didn't race.

Moss finally drove Briggs Cuningham's Maser 300S to win (his 117th). OK it says
Lloyd entered it on the RSC site, but in Robert Edwards' semi-official biography
of Moss it is listed as Cunningham's entry.

Does anyone know of a link between William Lloyd and Briggs? -- that's what I
wrote: To show my ignorance 3051 was the first 300s and was bought for Briggs
Cunnigham's wife Lucy's cousin Bill Lloyd who campaigned it hard for several
years. Moss was already familiar with it.

I can't find who owned 3062.

Peter Dzwig
--

Dr Peter Dzwig