Re: [Healeys] HELP - No Clutch

To: John Soderling <bighealey@astound.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] HELP - No Clutch
From: Michael Salter <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:43:25 -0400
Hi John,
A couple of things. First if the level in the reservoir has risen it
is very unlikely that you have a leak!! Leaks cause the level to drop.
I would be suspicious that something has happened to the release
mechanism which has caused the slave cylinder piston to have travelled
to the bottom of its bore thus pushing fluid back to the reservoir.
Secondly NEVER attack the bore of any aluminium hydraulic cylinder
with any sort of abrasive. The bores of these cylinders are anodized
to produce a hard wear resistant surface. Abrasives will very quickly
remove this coating and expose the soft underlying aluminium. Such
cylinders will only work for a short time before seal failure.

Michael Salter

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html