[Healeys] HD8 Slow Run Valve

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] HD8 Slow Run Valve
From: Bob Johnson <bjsbj8@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 18:22:57 -0400
Fiddling with my carbs yesterday using my Haynes manual. thru the step
to 11 "Restart the engine and adjust the slow running valve to give
the desired idling speed of approximately 1000 rpm." Apparently
screwing the valve down slows the idle, up increases speed. Without
any further adjustment than the 3 1/2 turn the engine will idle
momentarily at 500-600 rpm then quite. Turning the valves down makes
it die more quickly. Turning them up/out will not raise the idle speed
above 600-700, but it will idle for maybe 30 seconds before stalling.
This is worse as the engine gets warmer. Any ideas as to what is going
on? Why will it not pick up speed?

Bob Johnson
BJ8
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html