[Healeys] Fuel odors

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Fuel odors
From: Frederich Ficke <jagwarman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 23:37:49 -0400
My old healey is unrestored and I hate to admit it but the suspension is
tired and sits a bit low compared to restored examples I have seen. Although
so many BJ8's that I see sit quite high in the rear end area this probably
helps with exhaust drag. My car only has 3 inches clearance under the front
mufflers. The exhaust is relatively new and seals well . I also have no fuel
leaks .
I have wondered if my fuel odor comes comes from the gas cap. Years ago I
changed the standard cap over to a AC Cobra style flip lid .
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html