Re: [Healeys] concours judging

To: Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] concours judging
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 09:47:05 +0200
Not sure I understand this comment Joseph.

I believe the whole point of the US style judgeing is that the cars sshould
be as close to factory as possible and are awarded Gold, silver and bronze
(or nothing) according to their achievement.The only way to do this is to
have several people scrutinise every aspect of the car, which of course
takes time.

I think that any other kind of concours is more of a concours d'elegance,
where the car's condition and standard of workmanship is what is being
judged. For instance this is what happened at St Moritz in the Concours
there, although by chance, the car that actually won overall was the 3000
restored by Magnus which would have scored very highly in the US system.
Other cars that received prizes were nothing like they left the factory.

Personally, I dont think it matters as there is room for both types of
Concours in the Healeey world as long as everyone understands the type of
competition involved. In the US very few cars are actually put forward for
the intense type of Concours judgeing so judgeing time isn' t an issue. Plus
the US system isn't  a competition. You are not competing against other cars
you are having your car marked against a standard.

best regards

Derek

regards

Derek