Re: [Healeys] concours judging

To: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] concours judging
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 09:56:42 -0700
Tom,

Think about what you just wrote.

The man DROVE his Concours car to the meet from Pittsburgh to Louisville!

Now you bring up the point that by his own choice he didn't put the top
down???  So assuming he was judged and did well, I will also assume he
continued to drive his Concours car as we in the Committee hope that all
Healeys will be driven, Concours or not.  Remember he was going to a meet to
be judged, hopefully a one time event, and after that enjoy the car.  But is
any case, this was his choice.  As a side note, the top if folded properly,
should be just fine when re-erected or judging purposes since we in the
committee understand and make allowances for cars that are driven.

And this gives you and others an anti-Concours feeling?  How?

Take this a step further, if it started raining enroute, would you have put
your top up?  If so why?  Besides the fact you may want to stay dry, it was
probably to protect the interior and carpet.

As I have stated repeatedly in previous posts, we in the Committee are of
like mind and have gone out of our way to encourage the cars to be driven.
One example is that we will eliminate the entire five point deduction for
non bias ply tires if you use the proper 165R15 radial tires, and you drive
your Concours car up to 500 miles during the six months prior to being
judged.

It it clear to me that most of the so called "anti-Concours" folks out there
have preconceived misconceptions about our Austin Healey Concours based on
other Marque Concours or a Pebble Beach Style of Concours d'Elegance
judging.

Geesh, if I had any hair left I'd be pulling it out right now :-)