[Healeys] 65BJ8 -- Driver's Side Rear Shock,

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 65BJ8 -- Driver's Side Rear Shock,
From: Greg Mandas <gmandas@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 14:37:05 -0700 (PDT)

I'm removing all of the shocks on my 65BJ8 and sending them out for rebuild.

In preparation I doused all of the nuts and bolts with PB-Blaster and let them
sit for a day or two. They all came off very easily, except for the
aforementioned nut and bolt.

This nut and bolt is one of two which hold the shock on a bracket mounted on
the chassis. The nut is not captured and faces out. The bolt head is on the
side of the bracket away from the shock facing in towards the drive shaft.

When I put the sockets on it, it moved just enough to allow the nut and bolt to
spin freely, but not loosen any more. I can't tighten it, either.

How do I get it off.

I'm thinking sawzall.

I'm no good with a torch and I've already busted a socket.

I have a gizmo which cuts nuts in half, but there's not enough clearance to get
it over the nut.

Ugh!!

Greg
65BJ8