Re: [Healeys] 65BJ8 -- Driver's Side Rear Shock,

To: gmandas@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 65BJ8 -- Driver's Side Rear Shock,
From: "warthodson@aol.com" <warthodson@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 09:03:52 -0400
Greg,
If you are saying that you have a socket on both the bolt head & the nut and
they spin freely but don't tighten or loosen, then obviously the threads are
stripped.
As you undoubtedly know by now there is not a lot of room to work in that
area. A Sawsall might be hard to control without damaging the shock body.
You might have better luck with a mini hack saw.
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1290073
Gary Hodson

When I put the sockets on it, it moved just enough to allow the nut and bolt
pin freely, but not loosen any more. I can't tighten it, either.

ck
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html